Science Graduate - Pest Control
Science Graduate - Rentokil Pest Control
£23,694 basic - OTE £33,000-£36,000+, Company Van, Fuel Card (no travel costs), bonus (OTE and performance based), mobile phone
Are you a (BSc) science graduate trainee who hates the idea of a job in a lab? Are you looking for a scheme or programme with a structured plan towards management? As a Pest Control Technician with us, you will learn how to overcome pest-related challenges through teamwork, perseverance and determination, before promotion in a family company atmosphere you will love!
In this energetic, operational Science Management Graduate role, you will be in the thick of the action as a trainee, not behind a desk. To start, you will be earning your stripes delivering an expert pest control service to companies and domestic homes with the largest and most innovative pest control company. You’ll put your problem solving skills to use by preventing and eradicating all types of pests from our customers' premises!
Don’t worry, we train you from the moment you arrive in our award-winning training facility, in the field with our supportive colleagues and online, exposing you to some exciting and challenging jobs whilst providing the best support network you will come across.
The training doesn’t stop either - whether it’s your Level 1 and 2 Pest Control Technical Training, our 6-week Sales Academy or any of our Aspiring courses as you progress.
That word, ‘progression’. Great, but when I’m ready to take the next step beyond a Pest Control Technician, what are my options?
- Sales Surveyor: a field sales position surveying customers’ properties and selling pest control services, products and solutions - you’ll develop the ‘gift of the gab’ with us
- Field Biologist: a specialist hands-on role to support local pest control technicians with complex and difficult cases, carrying out site inspections, analysing and identifying the root cause of pest infestations - you probably excelled in problem-solving as a technician
- Service Team Leader: leading a team of technicians whilst also providing excellent customer service - people will depend on you!
Many of our Science Management Graduates progress from trainee to Management or Sales roles within 12-18 months. That’s just the start - further career opportunities lie in all directions. If you’re ambitious enough, there is plenty of room to grow in a brand that is known worldwide!
Don’t just take our word for it, find out what our current Graduates have to say about working for us on Glassdoor.
Sound Good? To be one of our successful Science Graduates you will:
- Be a determined graduate with a 2:2 BSc degree in one of the following subjects – Environmental Biology/Microbiology/Animal Science/Zoology/Forensic Sciences/Ecology/Sports Science/Chemistry/Biology – or similar
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Aim to beat any target set and push yourself in and out of work
- Be hardworking, ambitious and comfortable working in the field
- Want to work with people and provide excellent customer service
- Be eager to learn a new industry and different roles over time
- Want to work hard to succeed and have fun whilst doing so
What you will get as a trainee on a graduate scheme with us:
- £23,694 Basic Salary
- Variable pay - the top 25% of performers earn an additional £10,000- £13,000 on top of their basic pay
- Your own company van and fuel card
- Structured and performance-based grading
- Uncapped commission (either lead-based or sales based)
- Quarterly incentives for high achievers
- Social nights out
- Industry Recognised Qualification in Customer Service (apprentice level)
- We will train you to be an expert in Pest Control (BPCA level)
- Rentokil Rewards Discount Scheme
The harder you work, the bigger the pay cheque and the quicker you will progress to management. You can expect to earn between £33,000 and £36,000 in your first year, potentially more if you progress into any of our management, sales or technical roles.
Want to be part of our team of Science Graduates? Apply NOW and if selected a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with more information.